dtSearch end-user products (dtSearch Desktop/Network, Web/Publish) can index 'desktop databases' such as Microsoft Access, *dbf, but cannot index SQL type databases; to do this requires software development using the dtSearch Engine product.
Database Indexer is an add-on product that enables non-developers to index SQL type databases that can be searched with their existing dtSearch Desktop/Network/Web installations.
The application works with local and cloud-based SQL-type databases, including: SQL, MySQL, SQL on Azure, and SQL on AWS. It offers simple selection of tables from drop down lists or custom queries using SQL SELECT Statements.
- Databases currently supported
- MS SQL - Windows Authentication or SQL Server Authentication.
- MySQL - Connection methods:
- Standard TCP/IP
- Local Socket Pipe
- Standard TCP/IP over SSH
- (SSL Not currently supported)
- Index all or selected fields, and/or extract documents (text or binary file or filepath)
- Index from a table or Custom Query using SQL SELECT Statement
- Indexes can be searched in dtSearch Desktop/Network or dtSearch Web/Engine.
- Indexes can be rebuilt or you can set up incremental updating based on a last modified date field.
- Built in index scheduler
- dtSearch Desktop will list all the columns in the database as searchable fields, so that searches can be limited to chosen fields, e.g. cheese and (Brand contains (Tesco ))
- Each Index can contain up to 1Tb of data.
- OS: Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 or later
The evaluation version is limited to 10,000 records per datasource.
Please contact us for pricing.
(Enquire for database types not listed or special requirements)
Monthly suscription or annual (3-year support and updates included)