dtSearch end-user products (dtSearch Desktop/Network, Web/Publish) can index 'desktop databases' such as Microsoft Access, *dbf, but cannot index SQL type databases.
Database Indexer is an add-on product that enables you to index SQL type databases that can be searched with your existing dtSearch Desktop/Network/Web installations.
The application works with local and cloud-based SQL-type databases, including: SQL, MySQL, SQL on Azure, and SQL on AWS. It offers simple selection of tables from drop down lists or custom queries using SQL SELECT Statements.
- Databases currently supported
- MS SQL - Windows Authentication or SQL Server Authentication.
- MySQL - Connection methods:
- Standard TCP/IP
- Local Socket Pipe
- Standard TCP/IP over SSH
- (SSL Not currently supported)
- Index all or selected fields, and/or extract documents (text or binary file or filepath)
- Index from a table or Custom Query using SQL SELECT Statement
- Indexes can be searched in dtSearch Desktop/Network or dtSearch Web/Engine.
- Indexes can be rebuilt or you can set up incremental updating based on a last modified date field.
- Index Options are saved per index.
- Built in index scheduler
- dtSearch Desktop will list all the columns in the database as searchable fields, so that searches can be limited to chosen fields, e.g. cheese and (Brand contains (Tesco ))
- Each Index can contain up to 1Tb of data.
- OS: Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 or later
The user interface is in English but users can edit an external file to translate all the visible text into any language supported by Unicode.
30 Day Trial version
The trial version is limited to 10,000 records per datasource.
You need to install it on the same drive as a licensed version of dtSearch Desktop/Network.
The index(es) that you create can be searched buy an unlimited number of users.
Please contact us if you want to access our demo Azure and AWS databases.
The license covers install on a single machine, please contact us for subscription pricing for multiple installs if you have more than 70 dtSearch Desktop/Network licenses on your network.
(Enquire for database types not listed or special requirements)