Database Indexer is an add-on to let dtSearch Desktop/Network search SQL type databases.
Works with local and cloud-based databases: SQL, MySQL, SQL on Azure, and SQL on AWS.
Perform fuzzy, phonic, or field searches with synopsis & relevancy ranking using dtSearch Desktop on your databases without constructing complex SQL Queries or impacting database performance with long running queries.
Schedule index updates to update the index when the database experiences low traffic.
High availability search
Search during database failures or database upgrades; indexes created by Database Indexer are independent of the database.
Edit an external file to translate all visible text into any language supported by Unicode.
New in Version 1.2 (beta)
- SSL support
- Open index in dtSearch Desktop button
- Compatible with dtSearch 7.97 or earlier
- -t command line for translation assist viewer
- Automatic index recognition in dtSearch Desktop
- UI improvements
- Minor bug fixes and improvement
New in Version 1.1
- Configure enumerable fields to enable facet searching with Universal Search Clients
- Data type of columns is detected and saved; Universal Search API uses this to determine when to show Date Picker in Universal Search Clients.
- Select column to be 'key' to a value in another table; e.g. when indexing if a table contains column ProductBrandID but not the brand name itself, user can select ProductBrandID as the key for the value to be found in the Brands table.
- Set user-friendly Display Name for database columns; dtSearch Desktop/Network and Universal Search Clients will use the display name instead of the column name for fields.
- Index all or selected fields, and/or extract documents (text, binary file or filepath)
- Index from a table or Custom Query using SQL SELECT Statement
- Indexes can be searched in dtSearch Desktop/Network or dtSearch Web/Engine.
- Indexes can be rebuilt or you can set up incremental updating based on a last modified date field.
- Index Options are saved per index.
- Built in index scheduler
- dtSearch Desktop will list all the columns in the database as searchable fields, so that searches can be limited to chosen fields, e.g. cheese and (Brand contains (Tesco ))
- Each Index can contain up to 1Tb of data.
- OS: Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 or later
- Databases currently supported
- MS SQL - Windows Authentication or SQL Server Authentication.
- MySQL - Connection methods:
- Standard TCP/IP
- Local Socket Pipe
- Standard TCP/IP over SSH
30 Day Trial version
- Trial version is limited to 10,000 records per datasource.
- Needs to be installed on the same machine as a licensed version of dtSearch Desktop/Network.
- Index(es) you create can be searched by an unlimited number of users.
- Please contact us if you want to access our demo Azure and AWS databases.
The license covers install on a single machine and includes one year of technical support & updates. Please contact us for subscription pricing for multiple installs if you have more than 70 dtSearch Desktop/Network licenses on your network or for database types not listed or if you have special requirements.