365 Indexer is an add-on product for dtSearch Desktop/Network 7.96 or later that allows you to index SharePoint Online lists and documents, and OneNote Online accounts (individual or in SharePoint Groups or Sites) in multiple Microsoft 365 accounts.
We all know how things start off fine, users can quickly create OneNote Notebook sections and pages and can often remember where they squirrelled away important information when they have a small number of pages. Over time the volume of informations grows, informations gets duplicated, information becomes out of date, people leave or move to new posts...
Trying to find information, weed out duplicate or obsolete data, or ensure compliance gets harder over time as the amount of information grows, that's when you need a heavy duty search tool like dtSearch Desktop.
Dynamic content such as SharePoint can be indexed using the Spider built into dtSearch Desktop/Network. However, the log-in mechanism can only handle single-page log-in forms and is not suitable for SharePoint Online. 365 Indexer solves this problem by connecting directly to multiple Microsoft 365 accounts via the Microsoft Graph API to enable dtSearch Desktop to search SharePoint Online and OneNote for Windows 10 data.*
- Indexes all or selected team or personal sites
- Automatically indexes Site, SiteType, List and ListType as enumerable fields
Field search example search requests:
(KeyPoints contains (Human Resource))
(ListType contains ( documentlibrary ))
(List contains ( documents ))
patti fernandez and (sitetype contains(Team))
(Creator contains (toby nixon)) and giving campaign
- All fields are treated as stored fields so that they appear in search results
- Indexes SharePoint list attachments*
- Index all or selected notebooks from Sites, Groups or User accounts, including Class Notebooks
- Automatically indexes OneNote Tags as a tokenised enumerable 'tags' field.
Examples search requests: 'tags contains to-do', 'to-do contains laundry', etc.
Other enumerable fields are Notebook and Type
- Field search example search request:
(Notebook contains ( Projects )) and (Page contains ( silicon ))
- All fields are treated as stored fields so that they appear in search results.
- Indexes OneNote attachments*
(Currently only the text of OneNote images are displayed in dtSearch Desktop)
- Works with dtSearch Desktop/Network or dtSearch Web* 7.96 or later, or Universal Search Clients (Universal Search Clients also include facet searching)
- Use dtSearch Desktop's List Index Content feature to analyse content
- Index options are saved per index
- Built in index scheduler
- Each index can contain up to 1Tb of data
- License is for a single install, each index can be searched by an unlimited number of dtSearch Desktop users
- OS: Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 or later
*PDF attachments are stored compressed in the index, this requires dtSearch Desktop/Network 7.96 or later with the 'Standard' viewing option for PDF files. Not supported in dtSearch Web.
Edit an external file to translate all the visible text into any language supported by Unicode.
* NOTE: Microsoft E5 licenses (or Office 365 E3 with the Advanced Compliance add-on) include the Advanced eDiscovery feature that uses dtSearch to extract text of non-Microsoft file formats.
You do not need an E3 or E5 license, 365 Indexer uses the dtSearch Engine to index ALL file formats, enabling search results with hit-highlighting for Microsoft and non-Microsoft file formats and all of the advanced search and reporting options built into dtSearch Desktop/Network.